What is a CSA?
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. The CSA model for farming is also referred as farm shares. In this model you pay for a seasons worth of vegetables in the winter or spring, sharing both the risks and rewards of agriculture for the following season. You place your food dollar directly in the hands of a local family farm and in exchange receive a share of fresh, USDA Certified Organic vegetables each week delivered to your local neighborhood. If you love cooking and eating fresh organic seasonal whole food you will love CSA.
Community Supported Agriculture unites farmers and consumers to create direct and mutually beneficial relationships around the production of environmentally sustainable and healthy local food. By joining a CSA you support small farms and a production system which provides nutritious and fresh food for your family. Check out 10 Reasons to Join a CSA, read a cost/benefit analysis comparing CSAs to other food provision systems by the Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems at the University of Wisconsin Madison, or visit the Fairshare CSA coalition's website to learn more.
What We Offer
We are a certified organic farm with 12 CSA seasons under our belt. We are dedicated to filling your boxes each week with a bounty and creating community. With your share (both sizes) you receive vegetables but much much more! You can expect
- 20 weeks of organic produce delivered to your Neighborhood June-October and an additional Holiday Share option.
- Weekly newsletters with cooking tips and ideas, a list of vegetables, news from the farm and writings on topics related to food and agriculture
- Family centered farm events - Our annual Barn Dance, All local food pancake breakfast. Click here for more details.
- U-pick canning tomatoes and pumpkins, potential upick berries, peas or beans (in good seasons), and gleaning (clean up harvest of vegetable beds we are done with). Note Upick is not a calculated cost in the share but is an additional non-monetary benefit.
- Maple syrup and mushrooms (oyster and shitake) included at least once during the season.
- Communication and online community- aside from always being able to contact us we have both a Facebook farm page with daily updates and information about your farm and a Facebook group as a place to share ideas for recipes, recent articles or other information pertaining to food, CSA and life in your community.
- A farm to make your own! We invite members to participate in the farm in diverse ways. You are always welcome at pizza nights each week and all scheduled farm events but you can visit us anytime with notice!
Farm Share Options
To sign up click here
Full Share (¾ bushel)……………………. $550
Includes a box of vegetables larger than a large paper grocery bag. Farm events, u-pick and delivery included. A good family size.
Small Share (½ bushel)…………………….. $450
Same events and features as the full share, 1/2 to 2/3rds the amount. This share is best for 1 or 2 people or a family that does not use many vegetables.
WInter Market Share........................... $200
Includes 3 bushels, for you to pick up before Christmas respectively. Can be used as a storage share, for holiday meals or both! Wausau Winter Farmers Market and on-farm pick ups only.
Worker Share.…in exchange for weekly work
Full share in exchange for weekly work. We will offer 6-10 worker shares where you exchange 4 hours of work each week for a box of produce. These shares require a scheduled day and shift (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, either 8am-12 or 1-5pm). Inquiry for 2017.
Community Share..................... $500
Receive a discounted full share ($500) for a commitment of 1 full day of farm work during the season. Please contact us to discuss these possibilities.
Share a Share………donation of your choice
Purchasing a ‘share a share’ allows families with lower incomes to share in the CSA by covering part of the cost. If you only purchase a ‘share a share’ you are welcome at all farm events.
Payment Plans, Low-Income Shares & Foodshare
We offer payment plans upon request but ask for dated checks at one time. We offer subsidized shares from the farm and via the partnershares program http://www.csacoalition.org/our-work/partner-shares/. If you are eligible we strongly encourage you to apply! Additionally, we can processes FoodShare at the Wausau Wisconsin winter and summer markets. Contact us for more information on this.