Stoney Acres Farm Community Supported Agriculture
Preseason Welcome 2017
Stoney Acres Farm 715-432-6285
7002 Rangeline Rd. firstname.lastname@example.org
Athens, WI 54411 https://www.facebook.com/stoneyacresfarmandpizza
All the Dates and Details for the 2017 Season
Weekly email –We will remind you the day of the pick-up.
Weekly newsletters – There are paper copies of our newsletter at all pick-up sites and posted on our website each week. We send newsletter links with email reminders. Newsletters are the #1 way we communicate with you. You are responsible for reading these each week. This is where we communicate everything important. They let you know what is in your box, how to use it, news from the farm, and event info.
Website - Are you wondering when the big farm events are, need directions, need a recipe or are thinking about ordering meat, you need to find a pickup site? We have lots of info here. You can always download a weekly newsletter at this site as well. www.stoneyacresfarm.net. Facebook – We have a page which is a glimpse into farm life and will have pictures of veggies, general information, and more https://www.facebook.com/stoneyacresfarmandpizza.
Coming to visit – If you would like to tour the farm, to help out one day, to see where and see how your food is produced you are always welcome. Friday night we are always open for visitors. Please call in advance to set up another time. Kids are welcome at visits but we ask that you leave pets at home unless they are working.
How to contact us – Email us at email@example.com, call/ text 715-432-6285, or use mail Stoney Acres Farm 7002 Rangeline Rd. Athens WI. The best way to reach us is text/phone, followed by email/facebook.
Getting Your Weekly CSA Box
1) CSA boxes will be available for pick up Thursdays between 1-6pm; on-farm pick-ups only are Wednesdays after 4pm & Thursdays all day. We can save boxes for Friday pickup at the farm if you let us know. The season runs for 20 weeks, from June 1st until October 12th.
2) Your CSA pick up site based on the box you checked on the application. If you would like to pick up at a different address please call or email us to let us know as soon as possible.
3) When you arrive at your pick-up sites (see address below) you will be expected to select your box. Small shares (white) and Full-shares (Black) will be separated and to check off your name from the member list. PLEASE CHECK NAME OFF – we use this information to call people who forget boxes and our records.
4) Weekly newsletters are available each week at the drop sites and online. Please read them.
If you’re out of town or will not be able to pick up your box… You have options!
1) Have someone pick up your box for you. Please make sure that they know your pick-up site and box size.
2) Notify us at least 1 day in advance and we will not pack you a box for that week.
3) If you are in Wausau, you can have a box donated to Neighbors’ Place. Let us know if you plan this.
If you forget to pick up your box or have an emergency call or text us as soon as you can. In some cases we can help you get your box late (Thursday night) or have it set aside until Friday morning.
- At the farm: 7002 Rangeline Rd. 5 min due north of Athens
- Athens: contact us for delivery
- Marshfield: Sue Kaup 112 N Purdy Ave
- Merrill: Apprill Family Chiropractic 3207 E. Main St. Just off Hwy. 64
- Wausau East Side: The garage of Heather and Kent Busig, 2201 Elmwood Blvd Wausau, WI
- Wausau Highway 51: 5 Koshas Yoga and Wellness, 2220 Sherman St, Wausau, WI
This Year’s Events - mark your calendar
All farm events are included in the cost of your share.
Note- for full details see the website under CSA Events
vRegular Volunteer Days- Monday-Wednesday between 8am-12pm or 1-5pm June-Oct. no experience needed. We can always find fun tasks. Contact us before you come. To volunteer at farm events or other times just call, text or email.
vPizza Nights at Stoney Acres Farm Fridays May 5th – November 3rd
Weekly pizza nights at the farm serving food on Friday from 4:30pm-8pm. Pizza Night is not included in the cost of the CSA but is a nice excuse to visit. CSA members can participate in u-pick events or gleaning during Friday nights when seasonally applicable. Wear a Stoney Acres T-Shirt and get $1 off your pizza!
Pizza on the Farm Ticketed Saturday Nights – This year I will be having several Saturday Pizza nights where you purchase your pizza online and reserve your time spot so there is no waiting. The Saturday dates are as follows: May 6th, May 27th, June 17th, July 1st, July 29th, August 19th, September 2nd, September 16th. To Purchase your tickets and reserve your spot for Saturday Pizza on the Farm go to: www.stoneyacresfarm.net and select your date.
vStoney Acres CSA Only Pizza Night. Saturday May 20th pizzas made 5-7pm. This is like a regular pizza night (you buy your pizzas) but without crowds and is on a Saturday night. Includes time to mingle with fellow CSA members, farm tour, a preview of the first CSA box with tips on storage. Come hang out with your farmer! Bring Friends!
v1st CSA DELIVERY -Thursday, June 1st
vGleaning & U-pick – This season we will regularly update the website, facebook and newsletters for gleaning (picking vegetables after we are done harvesting for the CSA and market). We hope to have lots of options for those who like to preserve and pick. You will be able to glean for personal use or donation to local food banks. DATES TBA throughout the season.
vHarvest Hootenanny Barn Dance- Saturday August 5th 7 - 11:59pm -There will be no potluck this year. The dance will be at Tony’s Aunt and Uncles place at 7pm. Shake your tailfeathers with us to the awesome music of the Hometown Harmony Club. Enjoy great organic food from the farm and beer from local microbrews. The best event of the season!
vTomato U-pick - Late August- September: We will announce times in the newsletter
vPumpkin Pick, Pie, and Pizza – Sunday, October 1st 2pm - 5pm. Rain or shine come for picking, pizza, Apple Cider pressing, pie and farm tours. Everyone gets 2 pumpkins or squash. More details online.
vLAST CSA DELIVERY- Thursday October 12th